Finals, Term Papers, Graduation?!
As you all know…classes are coming to an end and the end of semester jitters are sky-high. Because of all the snow days, M/W classes are officially ending on Monday, May 12th, but some professors are not following that mandate. So for some of you, last day of M/W classes are May 7th!
I wish everyone luck with their papers and finals, and most importantly, I hope those who are graduating are able to get into the graduate school of their choice…or have a job lined up! It’s a bit stressful to think of papers, finals, job applications, and graduating all at the same time, but I know that as Stony Brook students we have been prepared for everything!
If you one of those graduating seniors, like myself, here are just some tips:
- Classes are almost over, don’t let that senioritis control you…go to class!
- Make sure you have your cap/gown, commencement tickets and/or senior ball tickets
- Thank your family, friends, advisors, professors, or anyone else who has helped you on your college journey
- PREPARE and EDIT your job or graduate school applications in advance and make sure someone looks it over to eradicate mistakes
- IF you haven’t already…visit the Career Center for all your career concerns (resume, cover letter, interviews, business cards, networking, graduate school…and more!)
- RELAX – you did it! Graduation in 3 weeks!
Woot! Go SBU Class of 2014!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.